We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This Privacy Notice explains how Arcutis Biotherapeutics, Inc. (“Arcutis”) handles Personal Information in connection with its products, services, apps, and websites (collectively, the “Services”). This Privacy Notice applies to all Personal Information received and processed by Arcutis. “Personal Information” means any information or set of information that relates to an individual, which can be either direct or indirect, and can be collected by or on behalf of Arcutis.
Please read this Privacy Notice before using Arcutis Services or submitting Personal Information to Arcutis. By accessing and using the Services, you agree and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as outlined in this Privacy Notice. Arcutis reserves the right to add, remove or modify this information at any time without any prior notification.
What Personal Information is collected?
- Arcutis Services are not designed to automatically collect and/or receive any Personal Information; Arcutis is not able to identify you personally unless you choose to provide your Personal Information.
- Active collection of information: Arcutis collects Personal Information that you enter into data fields on Arcutis Services. For example, you may submit or share your name, mailing address, e-mail address, profession or other Personal Information in order to receive information of interest to you. To protect your privacy, you should not provide any information that is not specifically requested.
- Passive Collection of information: Arcutis may collect certain information about your use of Arcutis Services without you actively submitting such information. This information may be collected using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags, and web beacons. Services may capture some of this information, such as the URL of the website you just visited, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, GPS location data, mobile phone service provider, details of operating system, the browser version your computer, etc. Passive information collection technologies can make your use of the Services easier by allowing Arcutis to provide better service and customize Services based on consumer preferences. This information is also used to analyze trends and otherwise administer and improve the Services. This information cannot be used to identity you.
How is Personal Information used?
- Arcutis will use the Personal Information you provide through the Services to respond to your questions and communicate with you.
- Arcutis will collect, store and use your information in compliance with all applicable laws. You can limit the amount and type of Personal Information that Arcutis receives about you by choosing not to enter any Personal Information into forms or data fields on the Services. Some of our Services can only be provided to you if you provide us with appropriate Personal Information. Other Services may ask whether you wish to opt out or opt into our contact lists for information and opportunities that may be of interest to you. If you choose to opt-in, we may also use this information for marketing and promotional purposes.
Who will Personal Information be shared with?
- Personal information collected through Arcutis Services may be accessed by Arcutis and by individuals and entities with whom Arcutis contracts to carry out business activities on Arcutis’ behalf.
- Arcutis reserves the right to disclose without your prior permission any Personal Information about you or your use of the Services as may be required to enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of the Services or as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
- We do not sell or rent any Personal Information.
How is Personal Information protected?
- Arcutis will maintain adequate technical and organizational security measures to protect Personal Information.
- Please note that the confidentiality of Personal Information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. You are responsible for exercising appropriate caution when transmitting Personal Information over the Internet.
How are website cookies used?
When you visit any website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, usually in the form of cookies. Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer by a website. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is typically used to make the website work as expected. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience. You can choose not to allow some types of cookies, but blocking certain cookies may impact your experience with the site and the Services provided.
- Required: These cookies are required for the website to function and cannot be switched off. They are usually only set in response to your request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but if you do so, some parts of the site will not work. These cookies do not store any Personal Information.
- Functional: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our website. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors navigate the website. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance. These cookies may also enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites. They do not store directly Personal Information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
Use of our Services by Children
Arcutis does not solicit, knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from children (individuals younger than 13 years of age). We do not knowingly allow children to communicate with us or use any of our Services. If you are a parent or guardian and suspect that your child may have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are my rights to my Personal Information?
- Right to access: You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Information and to verify how we are processing it.
- Right to correction: If you believe we have inaccurate or incomplete information about you, you have the right to ask us to correct or update it.
- Right to be forgotten: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to remove or erase your Personal Information from our records.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to processing of your Personal Information. You also have the right not to be subjected to automated decision making or profiling.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information in cases where the data is inaccurate, or the processing of the data is unlawful.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we process your Personal Information based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any point of time.
- Right to portability: You have the right to ask us to transfer your Personal Information to you, or any other third party.
How can I contact Arcutis?
Any questions or concerns regarding handling of Personal Information or related to revocation of consent to collect, process, transfer, or disclose your Personal Information should be directed by email to email@example.com.
Requests to opt-out of future communications from Arcutis should be processed through use of unsubscribe links where available or by e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, letters may be sent to the following address:
Arcutis Biotherapeutics, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
3027 Townsgate Road, Suite 300
Westlake Village, CA 91361
Change in Privacy Practices
Arcutis reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice without prior notice to reflect technological advancements, legal and regulatory changes and good business practices. If Arcutis changes its privacy practices, a revised Privacy Notice will be posted.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on December 15, 2021, and is effective as of that date.